Archive for June, 2011

Timer Jobs Not Working

We recently had a VERY strange issue with a client. This specifically was a disaster restore where the previous environment was poorly documented. Due to a total hardware failure new hardware was provisioned… and that’s where the fun begins.

We were able to get SharePoint installed and get Reporting Services fully configured in integrated mode but when we went to configure the SSP… nothing. Always stuck in provisioning.

As we drilled down into the issue we realized that NO timer jobs were working. Another symptom that we noticed is that the Timer Job status page was completely blank… no status could be reported on any timer jobs. Continue reading →